Alie Jane is your one-stop shop for funky and unique travel accessories. Perfect for gifts or to treat yourself, our products are designed to be as colourful and fun as the trip you plan to take them on.
Combining different prints, vintage and new fabrics, zippers and bias cuts, Alie Jane accessories are special, one-off, hand made items that are as unique as you. Want to travel in style? We’ll supply everything you need!
Starting out as a trained photographer, Alie Jane founder Alison Bodman spent her days developing images in the darkroom, back when everything was analogue. As soon as things went digital, Alison turned to a sewing machine and started a clothing label inspired by the colours and designs of 1950s aprons. After a trip to Europe, Alison became inspired to create a travel range. She says, “I found that most travel items came in either beige or black and I wanted to create something that was unique and colourful.”
“The best part of designing is hearing the feedback from my customers, or the compliments they received when using one of my items. Also, it’s great hearing the stories of where the products have travelled to. It’s great to know that my travel accessories are spread all over the world”
Her bright and colourful store located in Newcastle is where you can find Alie herself sewing away making 90% of the shops stock, with the rest of the shelves being from local designers. Alie Jane also stocks a wide range of Kokka and Echino fabric, being the biggest stockist of this Japanese range in Newcastle, The Hunter Valley and the Central Coast.
Alison finds sourcing good-quality, vintage and unique fabric the hardest part but loves the chase and trawling through op-shops – trying to find the right piece and falling in love with it is all part of the excitement.
Alie Jane founder in her bricks and mortar store in Hunter Street, Newcastle with her wide range of Japanese, French, American and Mexican fabrics
- Australian Small Business Champion Finalist 2023
- Australian Small Business Champion Finalist 2020
- Australian Small Business Champion Finalist 2018
- Finalist – Hunter Local Business Awards 2017
- Finalist – Hunter Manufacturing Awards 2017
- Finalist – Australian Small Business Champions 2017
- Finalist- Hunter Business Awards 2016
- Finalist -Hunter Manufacturing Awards 2016
- Finalist – Hunter Manufacturing Awards 2015
- Finalist – Hunter Business Awards 2015
- Finalist – Hunter Manufacturing Awards 2013
- Finalist – Westpac Small Business Awards 2013
- Winner – Westpac Small Business Awards 2012
- Finalist – Business Woman of the Year B.E.C 2012
The beautiful and playful products from Alie Jane Travel Accessories and designs have not only caught the attention of shoppers but the fashion press too! Here are some examples of articles written about Alie Jane products in the media and covers of the magazines in which Alie Jane items have been featured:
291 Hunter Street. Newcastle. New South Wales. Australia.